Tips & Resources
Jennifer’s Top 10 Tips to being successful:
- Recognize that you can’t be writer, editor, and critic ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
- Learn how to hear and accept feedback.
- Keep a journal of your ideas.
- Identify the time of day, or week, that is the best time to write and how to respect your writing time.
- Use your writer’s voice to speak and communicate to your readers all the joys, sorrows, and celebrations that real people experience.
- Dissect your story. If it goes off track examine each chapter, or section, and make it as powerful and focused as possible.
- Build your own network of industry experts.
- Become knowledgeable about the publishing business.
- Celebrate the steps you take in discovering your writing life – known as success!
- Read, Read, Read!
- Pacific Northwest Writer’s Association
- Western Writer’s of America
- Women Writing the West
- Romance Writers of America
- Sisters in Crime
- Willamette Writers
- Oregon Writers Colony
- Puget Sound Sisters in Crime
- Authors Guild
- Writer’s Market
- How To Write A Book Proposal
- The First Five Pages
- Publishing 101
- The Forest For The Trees